Hair Salons Review
Both men and women need hair salons for a variety of cosmetic services. But these services vary based on the location of the salon and the clients that the salons cater to.
The most common services for a majority of salons are predominantly hair styling, haircuts, and color application.
However, there are other salons that offer full-service salon treatments that include facials, body wraps, pedicure, and manicure; among others.
The male clients are not left out of the picture; some salons are specifically designed to cater for their needs.
The first step of finding the right salon for your needs and preferences is doing some research.
Find out what the salons near you have to offer and pick the one that offers the services that you need. It is advisable to check their reviews online so that you can see what other people think of their services.
Local reviews are especially vital because cosmetic services are very personal and intricate, making it crucial for everyone to only settle for the best.
There are also other factors to consider, such as your budget, the hairstylists portfolio, and the general ambiance of the salon.
Most hair salons have the following services to offer:
- Shampoo and conditioning
- Permanents (perms)
- Relaxing and texlaxing
- Shine treatments
- Silk presses
- Deep conditioning
- Brazilian or Keratin treatments
- Hair extensions
- Weaves and wig installation
Other additional treatments for full-service salons include:
- Hair removal
- Pedicures and manicures
- Body wraps
Types of barber services
Barber shops are slightly different form hair salons simply because they generally cater to male clients.
Stylists here are solely trained to cut traditional male hair styles such as fades, flat tops and buzz cuts. The services available at barber shops include:
- Facial massages
- Beard and moustache trims
- Skin treatments
Choosing between a hair salon and a barber shop can be daunting but it shouldn’t be too hard if you know what you want.
The first step is deciding whether you want more than a haircut. If you want to get your hair styled a certain way, maybe even colored, then you should probably visit a hair salon other than a barber shop where you would get a basic haircut.
There are also other factors that matter, such as the ambiance of the salon/barber shop, or the stylist’s portfolio. Basically, choosing a place to get groomed is based on personal needs and preferences.
Check out supercuts prices
Easiest way to find a salon near you
For most people, a relationship with the person who grooms them is very intimate and personal. As a matter of fact, changing your stylist/barber can feel like cheating.
It is therefore important to pick a stylist/barber carefully and intentionally. Here are a few tips on how you can choose the best salon near you:
- Recommendations matter:Word of mouth is can be quite useful when you’re trying to find a great stylist/barber. If you like someone’s hairstyle, do not hesitate to ask who made it. Ask from family, friends, coworkers, or even strangers for recommendations, and then check their reviews on any business listing where they can be found. You might find a stylist who meets all your needs.
- Stop by the salon or book a consultation:Recommendations are great but the only way to know if you’ve found your match is by physically meeting the stylist/barber. Make time and go to the salon for a consultation. It will give you a chance to have a feel of the salon’s atmosphere and you can also get to know the person who will be working on your hair. If you see any red flags, walk away and find a better match.
- Talk to your stylist/barber:Once you have a chance to speak to your stylist/barber, do not be afraid to air your concerns, ask any questions, or express your expectations. Hold a conversation with them and tell them why you need their services, which products you use, and what you need to get from them. Communicating with your stylist/barber is helpful especially because everyone has unique needs, and you might learn something new.
Choosing a new stylist/barber needs effort and a lot of time, but it pays off if you find someone who makes you feel and look amazing. It is vital for you to find someone you can trust to take care of all your needs.
How much do hair salons charge?
Different salons charge differently based on the types of services provided, the location of the salon, the experience provided, the quality of the products, and time and effort invested in the entire process of grooming you.
However, there are salons for everyone. For a haircut, you might need to part with about $10 to $300, color highlights range from $40 and above, and up-dos are about $45 or more.
Barber shops are generally cheaper than salons, charging $12 and $18 per; with a deluxe/hot-towel shave being more expensive.